Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When was the last time you put your foot in your mouth?

I seen an old friend at one of the stores where I was buying some clothes for some occasion that day . I smiled at her and ask her "When is your baby due?" She was thinking about what I mean by that as her facial expression change and confusion starts to be visible .Then I realize she was not pregnant .Today maternity clothes are in fashion .Girls wear loose clothes because its more comfortable. When I realize she was not pregnant I just try to change the topic by saying " It has been a long time since the last time we meet and you look more stunning." Then she start to blush and thank me for appreciating that. In a conversation it is important to have a presence of mind . My intention was to start a conversation but it has been in a wrong start so I change the topic presence of mind is important . A good conversation will not offend anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment